Looks like Mike Jazayeri, Product Manager over at Google (formerly of Microsoft I think) is using aquired Blogger to deliver the news about Google's new IM client Google Talk.
In the first paragraph in this first post Mike makes mention of open standards and interoperability, and take that Skype!
One of the users in their forums posted a Request For Features, the initial contribution went something like this...
Post your feature requests in this topic.
This requests i've seen so far are:
- Post to Blogger from Google Talk
I like this, but as mentioned in earlier posts we need to go a little further. I want to be able to blog to ANY of the top blogs (MT, Wordpress, MSN, Yahoo, Blogger, etc.) right from the Text Chat window and include Audio and Video in that post.
- Change color of text (emoticons can do it)
- Change sounds
- File sharing
- Reverse integration of Gmail with GTalk
- Voice Conferencing
- Offline messages
- Change nickname
- Other operating systems (mac,linux)
- Archived chats in Gmail
- Conference Calls
- Support for other networks (msn,aol,icq,..)
- Web based version
- Grouping users
- Search ppl by gender, age, location, occupation,...
- Record voicemail when user is away
- S2S: open the doors and allow open server to server connections without each server having to "federate" with Google
- something like yahoo draw