The stats are awesome:
- $400M IT budget
- Keeping track of 200000 accreditations, that includes, as well as athletes, judges and coaches, 21 600 journalists
- Moving, processing and storing data for 10,500 athletes, participating in 302 events in 28 sports at 39 competitive venues over 7 cities
- 1 million pages served per day across 1100 servers
And the world watches:
- 4 million spectators at the event
- An estimated 4 billion television viewers
- An expected 11 billion web hits
And we, at Nortel, know what technology it takes to stage such a world class event, since we are helping deliver flawless communications experiences at both the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games and the London 2012 Summer Games.
You may want to read the technical paper I wrote on a behind the scenes view of the first all IP Network that we are building for Vancouver.