Let’s face it – there are many legitimate reasons to want to work with their choice of carriers across the globe. It may have to do with existing pricing, SLAs, relationships, convenience, quality, etc.
This is why TMC Communications Product of the Year Winner and ITEXPO exhibitor, Voxbone has just announced they have opened their CCaaS, CPaaS or UCaaS platform for use on various carrier networks – they say best-in-breed at every layer.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Compliant telephony coverage across 93% of the global economy. In markets where Voxbone is not a Tier-1 provider itself, it only works with operators who are.
- The largest fully localized telephony footprint in the world, providing the means to make and receive local calls in 30+ markets including US, UK, France, Germany and Australia.
- Carrier-grade quality from the cloud: Instead of aggregated coverage from multiple providers, businesses get one consistently high level of quality and compliance across the board, via a single contract.
- Truly global connectivity. By working with Megaport, Voxbone offers customers the means to directly connect to its network from their doorstep via 500+ secure and private points of presence, including direct access from all major cloud environments.
- APIs to automate and standardize time-intensive processes, streamlining administrative tasks such as regulatory submissions, number porting and Emergency Calling setup on a global scale.
As the market for cloud communications matures, businesses are realizing the benefits of working with multiple best-in-breed providers instead of choosing a ‘one-size fits all’ solution. BYOC provides the flexibility to do just that. It lets companies avoid vendor lock-in by using telephony coverage from their preferred SIP trunking providers alongside their existing UCaaS or CPaaS solutions. Doing so can unlock greater operational efficiency and scale the best regional cloud communications platforms to global levels.
This is a growing trend – we broke the news on Telestax allowing BYOD CPaaS with 2FA for enhanced cybersecurity. This is an interesting approach in that it is different from others in the market like Pareteum – they have a single virtualized network which they manage on a global basis.
“We came to Voxbone to better manage our telephony costs as we scaled to more markets,” said Pierre-Baptiste Béchu, Co-Founder and CTO at CCaaS provider Aircall. “By integrating Voxbone’s voice layer with our existing comms platform, we were able to enter previously unreachable markets and bring our solution to 60+ countries 3-5x quicker than otherwise would have been possible.”
BYOC also allows businesses to rapidly add voice functionality to their core offering, enabling everything from embedded customer support access to anonymized peer-to-peer calling via sharing economy apps. By unbundling their communications stack in this way, businesses can expand their voice and messaging reach beyond what’s offered as standard by their communications platforms, while also ensuring consistent quality of service and compliance in every market they enter.
“When we think cloud, we tend to think global, but very few cloud platforms have truly global coverage. BYOC is fundamentally about removing the geographical limitations of these platforms and giving customers more transparency and control over their communications,” said Matt Brown, VP Product at Voxbone. “We believe that everyone benefits when businesses are able to use their preferred providers at each layer of the communications stack.”
Connecting Voxbone to other platforms is simple because its services are built on open, application-agnostic standards. It has already produced integration guides for using Voxbone with Twilio, Genesys, Plivo, 3CX and Voximplant, with more to follow shortly.
The bottom line here is flexibility – companies can now work with some of the best carriers regardless of location and ensure end-to-end and consistent quality.
Come see Gold sponsor Voxbone at booth 809 and learn about the latest in everything business tech… Collaboration, UCaaS, the Channel, IT, IOT, Edge, Cybersecurity, AI, SD-WAN, and the Future of Work at the world’s only SD-WAN Expo, part of the ITEXPO #TechSuperShow, Feb 12-14, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL.