Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division, today announced VIPedge™, a cloud-based business telephone solution that grants SMBs the choice of Cloud, IP or Converged. Based upon the feature-rich Toshiba IPedge on-premise business telephone system, VIPedge allows companies to pay a monthly service fee scalable to meet system size and usage needs.
Together with its IPedge® and Strata® CIX™ business telephone systems, Toshiba’s VIPedge gives SMB and enterprise customers the best of all worlds with a choice of cloud, IP or converged business telephone systems. Now available from Authorized Toshiba Dealers nationwide, Toshiba’s VIPedge starts at an average of $29.99 per user.
“Toshiba is pleased to announce availability of its VIPedge IP business telephone solution, giving customers the best of all worlds with a choice of cloud, IP or converged business solutions,” said Brian Metherell, vice president and general manager of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., Telecommunication Systems Division. “VIPedge delivers the benefits of Toshiba’s on-premise VoIP solutions. Supported by our Authorized Dealer Network with expertise in design and implementation on a cloud platform, VIPedge is a cloud solution like no other.”
“With VIPedge, Toshiba manages the entire telephone system in the cloud, so all that users have to do is answer their telephones,” added Metherell. “VIPedge empowers users to communicate more effectively, be more cost effective, and have greater access to their customers, partners and each other.”Benefits include:
- A low upfront cost, making it easy to get started while giving companies the ability to reduce capital expenditures;
- Monthly service costs that are a fraction of the purchase price of an on-premise system;
- Fixed monthly fees so companies can budget for their exact telecommunication costs;
- No long-term lock-in to an on-premise system and/or vendor;
- Software upgrades that are included in the monthly service fee, so there are no expenses for upgrades or software fixes;
- No PBX equipment obsolescence since VIPedge systems are always kept up to date in the cloud;
- Dynamically scalable cloud resources to add more users or applications as needed;
- System administration, which is included in the monthly service fee and eliminates the need for on-site system management; and
- Survivability, which is automatically included via the cloud.
Essentially, VIPedge gives users all the advantages of a Toshiba business telephone system without having to buy it up-front.
- Complete business telephone features, including SMB features such as:
- Placing a call on hold and picking it up from another phone; and
- Pressing a button on a phone to put the system into night-mode;
- Voice mail with unified messaging;
- Unified Communications with Toshiba’s Call Manager solution for:
- Efficient call control from a personal computer;
- Click-to-dial, presence and instant messaging; and
- Integration with leading CRM programs, including Salesforce.com®, Act!®, Microsoft Outlook® and more;
- Mobility solutions including find-me follow-me call routing;
- Choice of endpoints, including Toshiba’s IP5000-series desk telephones, IP4100 wireless telephones, and Toshiba Call Manager with integrated voice;
- Ability to personalize endpoints in order to meet the needs of each individual user; and
- Optional international calling plans.
Businesses that start with the VIPedge service can easily migrate to on-premise IPedge systems in the future as their needs change. This enables businesses to retain their investments in Toshiba telephones and endpoints and to continue to use the same familiar features and applications.
For more information on VIPedge, check out: www.telecom.toshiba.com/VIPedge_cloud