So I finally bit the bullet and decided to see what all the buzz was about regarding Google+. I took one of my several invites and joined Google+ today. The first thing I did after creating my coworkers circle was to check out the uploading videos feature. Considering Google owns YouTube, I thought for sure my YouTube videos would be there or I could "link" them somehow, so I could more easily share videos from my library of uploaded YouTube videos.
Well, damn it all, it isn't integrated! C'mon Google, you can't launch a new social networking site to take on Facebook and NOT integrate some of your more popular properties, like YouTube or Gmail. Though it does integrate somewhat with Gmail, since it knows my Gmail contacts. I hope Google+ 2.0 will have this capability. Take my advice Google, and integrate YouTube quickly and you'll see a far faster mass exodus from Facebook to Google+. Do it not, and every one of your bonuses will die today!
Which reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in Braveheart:
- William: I said I have an offer for you.
- Lochlan: You disrespect a banner of truce?
- William: From his king? Absolutely. Here are Scotland's terms. Lower your flags, and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for 100 years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.
- Cheltham: [laughing] You are outmatched. You have no heavy cavalry. In two centuries no army has won without--.
- William: I'm not finished. Before we let you leave, your commander must cross that field, present himself before this army, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse.
- [Cheltham rides off]
- Mornay: I'd say that was rather less cordial than he was used to.