The Magellan RoadMate 1425 is nearly identical to RoadMate 1415 however, the RoadMate 1425 adds an integrated live traffic feature and lifetime traffic subscription that uses real-time traffic update information to display incidents and suggest alternative routes. The lifetime subscription to traffic reports is a nice edition. One million POIs (points of interest) are included with this GPS unit. Importantly the entire RoadMate series comes preloaded with NAVTEQ® road maps, of which I am a huge fan (over TeleAtlas maps). It's why I won't ever buy a TomTom GPS because most of their products use TeleAtlas maps which are less accurate in my opinion.
Anyway, here are the full set of features for the Magellan RoadMate 1400 series:
- New 4.3-inch WQVGA full-color, anti-glare touch-screen display
- Acclaimed, easy-to-use, intuitive user interface
- Fast and precise Centrality Atlas III GPS chipset delivering superior GPS performance and navigation
- 2-D and 3-D map views with auto day/night mode switching
- Trip computer and trip planner
- QuickSpell, which intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses
- SmartDetour to route drivers around heavy or stationary traffic
- Postcode search: 7-digit postcode searches in the United Kingdom and 6-digit postcode searches in the Netherlands
- Pre-loaded speed-trap database providing known camera locations for each region
- SD card slot for maps
- USB port for PC connection and in-vehicle power
- Worldwide reversible maps (where U.S. maps are compatible with EMEA products, and vice-versa)
- The Magellan RoadMate 1400 series ship with a windshield mount and cradle; a 12-volt car power cigarette lighter adapter; an adhesive disk for alternative, on-dash mounting; and of course user manual + quick reference guide
In other news, the RoadMate 1217, which is being premiered at CeBIT, adds text-to-speech that announces the street name and direction of the next turn. It also includes one million searchable of points of interest (POI), including petrol stations, hotels, restaurants, and airports with contact details such as phone number, address and the travel distance.
The MRM 1200 series features a compact-sized 3.5-inch anti-glare touch screen and mirrors the features of the RoadMate 1400 series, including the worldwide reversible maps, within an even smaller pocket-sized form factor. The MRM 1217 compliments the existing RoadMate 1200 and RoadMate 1215 products. MSRP RoadMate 1200 €129.00, RoadMate 1215 €159.00, RoadMate 1217 €179.00.