As a fan of Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 (OCS 2007) and with OCS 2007 R2 just around the corner (later this year/early next year), I'd like to see 3rd party vendors offer utilities to monitor OCS 2007's performance to ensure reliability and uptime. After all, your communications are your lifeblood. Microsoft's OCS 2007 is a unified communications (UC) platform that handles several communications methods, including IM/presence, voice, video, and collaboration, so it's even more critical that OCS 2007 stays up. As such, I came across a new product just launched from NetIQ called NetIQ AppManager for Microsoft Office Communications Server.
NetIQ AppManager for Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) was designed to proactively ensure the performance and availability of Microsoft OCS 2007. AppManager's core capabilities of real-time monitoring and management now extend to Microsoft OCS to ensure it is up and running.
- Monitor the health and availability of Microsoft OCS servers
- Monitor session and call activity
- Get alerts when usage metrics reach critical levels
- Report on adoption and usage trends
- Provide proactive event management - Proactively detects problems with Microsoft OCS and sends alerts to your OCS administrators, often before end users are impacted.
- Enables application health visibility - AppManager's end-to-end service visibility vastly reduces downtime to your business services and visually represents service issues via service maps, helping you understand who is being affected.
- Visualize your data - Use interactive charting and snapshot reports to give a visual view of your data for easier analysis and information sharing.
- Delivers application performance reporting - Leverage AppManager's data repository for all of your management information - events and performance data - giving you a centralized view of all servers and resources. This single repository will also streamline your reporting.