Now, Panasonic is launching traditional SIP desktop phones without the embedded DECT feature. The new models, which are called the UT Series include KX-UT136-B, KX-UT133-B, KX-UT123-B and KX-UT113-B. All of them are certified by BroadSoft on Broadworks and Digium's Asterisk and all support Power over Ethernet and HD voice/wideband audio (G.722). The KX-UT123-B and KX-UT113-B are their basic low-cost models. The KX-UT113-B is a single Ethernet port phone with no backlight designed for kitchenettes or lobbies, while the KX-UT123-B has a backlight and two Ethernet ports. Both basic models have a 3-line display.
The top models, KX-UT136-B and KX-UT133-B, sport 24 programmable feature/functionality keys. The KX-UT136-B displays a six-line backlit graphical LCD and 2 Ethernet ports, while the KX-UT133-B offers a three-line backlit graphical LCD and 2 Ethernet ports.
Panasonic told me all of their SIP phones are "eco-friendly" and will go into a sleep mode, turning off the backlight display and drawing less than 1 watt of power. Impressive! On an incoming call or an outbound call it returns to full power and the backlight turns back on.
- Easy configuration with extensive provisioning options
- High Definition audio (G.722 codec) for wideband voice quality on all models
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) in all models
- Electric Hook Switch (EHS) for Plantronics headsets
- LCD Display Monochrome Graphical
- LCD Size 242 x 109 pixels – 6 line; 242 x 55 pixels – 3 lines
- LCD Contrast 6 levels
- LCD Backlight On/Auto/Off None
- Audio Codec G.711, G.722, G.726, G.729a
- Handset, Speaker, Headset Volume 8 levels (includes echo cancellation and distortion prevention) 15 levels
- Ringtones 27
- Ringer Volume 6 levels + Off
- Phone Book Entries 500 or 100 (depending on model) - each with 5 numbers
- Call Log Entries 30 incoming calls + 30 outgoing calls
- Conferencing 3 parties (within terminal – multi-party dependent on server)
- SIP Accounts 4 or 2 (depends on model)
- DHCP, DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, SNTP
- VLAN (802.1q)
- QoS (DiffServ)
- Plug & Play Configuration Server based configuration, TR-069, BroadSoft® Device Management Server
- Manual Configuration Internal web Configurator, Local (LCD based) network configuration