Wi-Fi Alliance Beating The Drums For 802.11n's First Wave
TheWi-Fi Alliance has announced a new logo for certified 802.11n draft 2.0 standard-compatible products. You are looking at it.
These products will hit store shelves starting next month.
Informing the Wi-Fi Alliances optimism, they cite recent research they've done in concert with Kelton Research. The conclusion indicated indicates that 78% of US Wi-Fi users are interested in upgrading their Wi-Fi systems in order to gain improved range and/or throughput.
"Moreover, nearly 70% of the Wi-Fi users polled indicated that a faster Wi-Fi connection would prompt them to use multimedia applications such as video and gaming more frequently," the W-Fi Alliance added in a statement.
And as to the 802.11n-certified products?
The following companies supply the products used in the interoperability test bed, and have the first devices to become Wi-Fi CERTIFIED:
- Atheros® XSPAN™ with SST™ Draft 2.0 802.11n Dual-Concurrent 2.4/5GHz Router with Atheros AR7100 Series Wireless Network Processor
- Atheros® XSPAN™ with SST™ Draft 2.0 802.11n Dual-Band 2.4/5GHz Card Bus
- Broadcom® Intensi-Fi™ 802.11n Router: BCM94705GMP
- Broadcom® Intensi-Fi™ 802.11n Card: BCM94321MC123
- Cisco Access Point
- Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
- Marvell® TopDog™ WLAN solutions (Station Card)
- Marvell® TopDog™ WLAN solutions (Access Point)
- Ralink MIMObility™ RT2800PD Chipset featuring the RT2860 802.11n 2T3R MAC/BBP and the RT2850 802.11n Dual Band RFIC
- Ralink MIMObility™ RT2800PD Access Point
- In addition, WildPackets OmniPeek Workgroup Pro is included as a test bed software tool.
Related Tags: alliance, products, Alliance
- Related Entries
Listed below are links to sites that reference Wi-Fi Alliance Beating The Drums For 802.11n's First Wave:
TrackBack URL for Wi-Fi Alliance Beating The Drums For 802.11n's First Wave: