November 6, 2008
This week here at AudioCodes has been very busy. You may have seen the post on Monday, announcing our HD VoIP strategy
which will dramatically improve the clarity and quality of voice communications.
Yesterday, we announced our new line of IP Phones, all of which will support HD VoIP. As far as I can tell, we will be the only manufacturer that will have a 100% HD VoIP capable phones (even the low-cost entry model).
The market analysts seem to agree:
"AudioCodes entry into the IP Phone market is a bold and strategic move. It enables AudioCodes to address the fast growing market for 3rd Party IP Phones with the latest developments in High Definition (HD) voice technology," commented Jeremy Duke, President & CEO of Synergy Research Group, Inc. "The IP phone market has consistently delivered strong shipment growth over the last 8 years as it continues to displace the large installed base of TDM phones worldwide. We believe the second growth phase of the IP Phone market is just beginning to take hold, driven by increased deployments of SIP in the Enterprise and an increasing number of Service Providers offering Managed VoIP services (hosted telephony)."
The line will initially include three models:
- The 310HD IP Phone is positioned as an entry level IP-Phone and includes a basic display and user interface.
- The 320HD Premium model includes a large Monochrome LCD screen.
- The 350HD Executive model has a large Color LCD. All models support HD VoIP.
The phones will include many important features for a range of applications, including:
- Support for popular wideband coders such as G.722, G.722.2 (WB-AMR), G.729.1 and G.711.1.
- Power over Ethernet is optional in all models.
The products will be available for testing and evaluation beginning in February 2009.
To more information on the devices or HD VoIP, click here
Feedback for AudioCodes Launches IP Phone Product Family