Wedge Salad with Avocado
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters or sixths
- Blue Cheese Dressing (see below)
- 4 ounces double smoked bacon crumbles
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 to 2 avocadoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
On each salad plate, place 1 wedge of lettuce turned on its side. Pour blue cheese dressing on wedge. Sprinkle with bacon crumbles, tomatoes, avocado and chives adjusting for either four or six wedges.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 ounces Maytag blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, mash the blue cheese until the pieces of cheese are finely broken up. Add the sour cream, buttermilk, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Add additional buttermilk if the dressing is too thick. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.