I'll be placing here links once in a while of news items and blog posts that I find interesting and are related to visual communications.
If you have items you'd like to feature here - just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once in a while, I bump into an interesting question on LinkedIn. This one, about face-to-face meeting versus Telepresence has drawn a lot of interesting answers.
- Scott Wharton on IP Business News talks about video at VoiceCon. He has a similar impression as Amir Zmora had about the show. It seems like 2009 is going to be the year of the video. (Yeah, yeah. I know you heard it before...)
- Robert X. Cringely discusses Susan Boyle's performance on "Britain's Got Talent". What I liked most was the bandwidth calculation - just think what will happen when video becomes a communication means for the masses.
- Unlike me, Rich Tehrani, TMCnet's President, believes that the year of videoconferencing came and went (2008, that is). I must admit he might be more than correct. Video conferencing is already here to stay, so why wait for t to be a part of our lives when to many it already is?
- Telepresence in space. That's what was on Slashdot this week. For those not convinced enough that video conferencing is going to be everywhere one day.
- Our own Sagee Ben Zedeff breaks the story of RADVISION's SVC-based video conferencing solution.