By Erin Harrison
Demand for broadband services is growing at an explosive pace as consumers look for richer and more personalized connected customer experiences. But service providers’ fast and reliable networks can’t win over every customer. In addition, competition from new brands is making it tougher to differentiate with devices, services and pricing. In short, to stay competitive, service providers (SPs) have an imperative to cater to the needs of the market that goes beyond traditional approaches.
While consumers are aware that new technologies can bring added complexity, they also expect their devices and services to keep bringing them simpler and more compelling experiences. Based on these trends, SPs need new differentiators to remain competitive. To stand out and deliver market leading customer experiences, SPs need to make their offers easier to buy, easier to use with more user-friendly options for payment.
Alcatel-Lucent’s Motive portfolio of solutions offers a four-pronged approach for SPs to step up their games:
- Motive CX Management is focused on getting new devices, applications and services up and running quickly, by simplifying their introduction on the network, managing upgrades and service modifications, and providing a consistent, low-hassle experience for customers.
- Motive CX Analytics provides monitoring tools that track the performance of the devices, applications and services running on the network. These tools, which leverage unique algorithms developed by Bell Labs, provide key insights and dashboards that infer overall customer experience and allow for detailed customer experience insights.
- Motive CX Optimization empowers SPs to provide customers with the best service experience possible while making better use of network capacity. Using historical data about customers, devices, applications and the network, SPs can examine trends, experiences and usage patterns – segmented by types of users – and take accurate and proactive actions with yield management and loyalty.
- Motive CX Consulting consists of a dedicated team that – using a patent-pending methodology – identifies unique opportunities to improve the wide range of customer experience touch points within a service provider organization.
Source: Alcatel-Lucent Motive
At the end of the day, SP ability to improve the customer experience is about engendering more immersive and enriching engagements. In fact, Alcatel-Lucent contends that with Motive Customer Experience Solutions SPs can increase profitability by:
- Simplifying customer interactions
- Improving business performance using customer insights
- Enhancing loyalty and profitability
- Improving the customer experience
With commoditization fast becoming the norm in many service markets, and alternatives only a click away, it is becoming increasingly clear that customer experience management may be the most important competitive differentiator in the future. SPs understand this and are aware that having the right tools in place to accurately measure and manage their relationships with customers will be critical to their success.