I walked over to Best Buy with Rich Tehrani, as a result of the 99 cent promo for a Compaq netbook with Sprint
service. Counting the floor model which had to be initialized while we talked, they had 2 in the place and no one seemed that particularly interested in selling them.
"Tell me about the service?", was responded to with that the Mobile department.
"So is the chip embedded or do you need to use the USB?" once again the mobile department.
Saw a mobile person I am on break was the reply.
Ah, the joys of Retail.
But the engine is selling machines's Asus just reported a 49% increase in sales over last month which 34% Year of Year.
And i get the alert that T-Mobile was pre-selling the next Gphone. Which I obviously need.
Its embarassing watching Rich try to like my Gphone. He just got the iPhone 3GS and it is improvement and he loves it. I pointed out that his VZ device was his prior method of surfing and he told me the Iphone had taken over for him.
For me the Gphone is still the right tool. My big issue is getting my data from my gmail account and the synchronization between my contact needs in gmail and gphone is pretty good.
Mind you I could give you a list of improvements I want.
Support for .vcf on the Gphone, better dialing functions from email (like Peter Kalstrom did for Skype), better linkage to the calendering function as well.
But given i am now on a mac, gave up on mac as a trusted place to put the address book, I feel safer in the cloud then on the device and that makes Google
In the anecdotal observation mode, I still have yet to find a MobileMe advocate. Power users on the iphone are still all about the device.
Mind you the tools continue to improve on the iPhone, the latest commercial with the video edit I think is a good sales tool for the youtube fanatics of this world.
After all its a visual world, and when LTE comes along i think that will be the story.
Tags: Apple, Asus, Best Buy, Compaq, Google, LTE, Rich Tehrani, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, gphone, iPhone, netbook
- Related Entries
- Scenario Planning; If You Build It Will They Come? - Jul 06, 2009
- Anton Wahlman Guest Blog on the Palm Pre - Jun 09, 2009
- Apple vs. Palm Heats up. - Jun 11, 2009
- Wireless Termination: Neutral Tandem - Jul 02, 2009
- The Death of the Cassette: Anthony Robbins - Jun 30, 2009
- Twenty Reasons to like RIM over Apple - Jun 23, 2009
- Apple pushes the competition around">New Phones Apple pushes the competition around - Jun 23, 2009
- The iPhone Effect on Verizon - Jun 02, 2009
- My GPhone gets a Needed Update - May 13, 2009
- What Happens in Vegas, Didn't Stay Very Long - Apr 06, 2009
| Tag with del.icio.us
| 4g-wirelessevolution Home
| Permalink: Devices What Catches your Eye!