Fans of search engine history likely know that Google benefited greatly due to the timing of its launch. Whereas Yahoo launched when dotcom money flowed, allowing it to buy million-dollar SUN servers like they were going out of style (they were), Google had limited resources and made an OS which scaled across off-the-shelf, low-budget equipment, assuming high levels of failure.
This approach, taken by Google still gives it a huge advantage when it acquires companies and ports their IP to its software-OS and it also allows the company to try new ideas quickly and not worry about scale or capacity issues.
The idea is similar to cloud but more complex as it integrates more tightly with applications – into a holistic unit.
Its sort of a holy grail to replicate this technology and be able to sell it and that is exactly what HPE is attempting to do.
HPE defines Synergy, its composable infrastructure as:
- Fluid pools of resources – a singular system where components are abstracted – allowing them to work across physical, virtual and container.
- Software intelligence to define the pools – they define the exact footprint needed for applications. Specify permanence and availability requirements for applications and it takes it from there.
- A Unified API across compute, network and storage allowing automation tools such as Chef or Puppet to reach into system and create and automatic network infrastructure.
Our colleague Erik Linask writes:
With advanced compute, storage, network fabric, management, orchestration, security, and performance technologies leveraging HPE Synergy and Intel’s (News – Alert) Xeon processors, businesses are able to build new, agile, cloud and virtualized platforms that provide the foundation for an agile, customer-first economy.
Through a partnership, ePlus, Intel, and HPE ensure their collective customers are building their digital futures on the back of vetted and proven technologies and solutions, allowing them to innovate and build faster.
Chuck Hooke (HPE), Megan Gawlik (Intel), and Mark Henson (ePlus) are delivering a session on June 28, 2016 to discuss exactly how the three technology companies are working together to bring their next-gen-optimized solutions to customers. Specifically:
- How HPE Synergy (News – Alert) Aggregates compute, storage, network fabric, and management into a hardware foundation;
- How ePlus and Intel drives HPE Synergy compute modules, providing orchestration, security, and enhanced performance;
- How ePlus and Intel work together to design and deploy the right solutions for the customer’s unique needs; and
- Why the new Intel Xeon Processor (News – Alert) Scalable family is the new foundation for secure, agile, multi-cloud datacenters and represents the biggest platform advancements in this decade.
If you’re looking to bring new revenue opportunities to your business, you will certainly benefit from this discussion on how to bring your infrastructure into the modern era, including leveraging cloud and virtualization. Don’t miss this chance to hear from these three experts who are already turning that vision into reality for businesses worldwide. Register today for the June 28 Webinar, Harness the Power of Cloud and Virtualization to hopefully become as agile as abc.xyz.