Web Democratizes Auto Repairs
June 12, 2008It is amazing to see how the internet has changed industry after industry. The latest to feel pressured by the power of a mouse, broadband connection and monitor is your local mechanic who now needs to worry that his/her prices are outrageous compared to other mechanics. As this article states, auto repair is one of those areas where the consumer is really at an informational disadvantage.
The new site focusing on democratizing auto repairs is called RepairPal and it is in beta at the moment and in some ways may even be a guide for mechanics who aren't charging enough for their repairs.
If the site helps you, be sure and comment or drop me a line as I am very interested in seeing how the web is changing business after business.
Tags: cnet, mechanic, repairpal
Search Technorati: cnet, mechanic, repairpal
Related Tags: repairs
- Related Entries
- CBS Picks up CNET - May 18, 2008
- Increase Marketing Spend in a Recession - Feb 14, 2008
- Android Developer Contest - Nov 13, 2007
- Picketing Steve Jobs - Nov 07, 2007
- Apple Tablet PC - Nov 06, 2007
- iCar - Oct 06, 2007
- Google Getting Reckless - Jul 15, 2007
- Democrats Say You are Lying - Jun 07, 2007
- Hydrogen Power - May 21, 2007
- Ads in Subways - Apr 05, 2007
Listed below are links to sites that reference Web Democratizes Auto Repairs:
TrackBack URL for Web Democratizes Auto Repairs: