It’s been another busy week in the IP communications space as evidenced by the cornucopia of news from seemingly every sector of the market. If you happened to be on vacation this past week or just don’t want to deal with hassle of figuring out for yourself what is important in the world of IP communications, you came to the right place.
First off, you may be surprised to hear how fast VoIP is growing in the US if your sole source of news is your shareholder reports from SunRocket and Vonage. According to this article detailing North American VoIP and broadband growth – the rates are much higher than you may have thought.
Of course the odds are you knew this already because you probably use a VoIP PBX. What’s this you ask? For the answer check out this article from Mae Kowalke.
Here are a few other stories as well which you are free to discover for yourself.
I already covered the Dialogic/Cantata news in this blog but I want to make sure you saw it.
I wish I had time to tackle the news about Bandwidth.com and of course bringing VoIP to social networking is a fascinating topic as well.
- VoIP Logic Extends Cortex System Management Portal
- HP, Tekelec Deliver Open IMS Solution for Telecom Operators
- Dialogic Buys Cantata
- Top Phone System Features for the Call Center
- BT Becomes a Member of Linux Phone Standards Forum
- Report Underscores Challenge Facing IPTV Providers
- Bandwidth.com Teams with Acme Packet for Improved VoIP Services
- Business Phone System Follow-me and Hunt Groups Help Small Businesses Succeed
- Green Tech: A Need to Move Beyond Talking the Talk
- Bringing VoIP to Social Networking with IVR Technologies’ Talking SIP