- The engineers engage in hackathons - allowing engineers to compete on programming tasks
- Speed chess and all-night programming are activities often engaged in
- The company has a new way of displaying profile pages which is more photo-centric
- A dozen programmers worked on this redesign in a war-room littered with used toothpaste tubes and dirty plates
- Over 200,000 people access Facebook from mobile devices
- Messaging is one of the latest products - something Facebook calls the ultimate switchboard
- Mark thinks these messages are slowly replacing email
- Gmail was not the target of Facebook's messaging platform
Interviewer Lesley Stahl asked about apps which access information of a personal nature and Zuckerberg explained that if apps do something they aren't supposed to like invading privacy, they are shut down.
Zuckerberg says they don't get it right every time but they keep trying to get better.
He further explained that privacy and control over personal information is one of the most important things on the Internet.
Many of Google's top employees have defected to Facebook - 200 ex-Googlers now work at Facebook. Mark explained that social adds to the experience of virtually everything you do online.
Here is the two-part interview and an article worth reading from CNET's . Here is video1 and video 2 if the videos below don't workl