New Version of Hybrid IT Infrastructure Monitoring & AIOps Platform Delivers Application Assurance for Mission-critical workloads
The modern hybrid data center model has taken full hold in the enterprise sector, which should lead organizations to re-evaluate their entire approach to infrastructure management. Enterprises must now make a wide range of considerations in the ongoing management of their hybrid IT infrastructure, including evaluating their best execution venue, as well as the efficacy of automation technologies based on AI and machine learning. Given these factors, devising an effective hybrid infrastructure management strategy is challenging enough, but enterprises must also navigate the overwhelming scale and complexity associated with these highly virtualized, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
To help solve the problem, AIOps leader Virtual Instruments introduced the latest version of VirtualWisdom, the company’s hybrid IT infrastructure management and AIOps platform. By leveraging WisdomAI-powered analytics and an application-centric approach to infrastructure management, VirtualWisdom 6.2 enables enterprises to proactively gain full control over the performance, availability, capacity and efficiency of infrastructure supporting mission-critical applications across their hybrid data centers. As a result, customers are able to reduce infrastructure costs, gain greater business agility and accelerate innovation throughout the organization.
Traditionally, most enterprises have implemented monitoring tools in a siloed fashion, largely as a result of adopting new technology platforms, resulting in an incomplete view of the performance, health and utilization of the underlying infrastructure supporting their mission-critical applications. This limited visibility has led to a lack of control over application delivery, which results in poor business performance in the form of unmet SLAs, as well as costly reactive firefighting that is the hallmark of traditional “IT war rooms.”
By holistically monitoring, analyzing and optimizing the performance, availability, capacity and efficiency of hybrid IT infrastructure within the context of the application, VirtualWisdom enables enterprises to take a modernized, AIOps-empowered approach to infrastructure management. VirtualWisdom discovers and maps applications to the infrastructure to understand where each application lives and how it behaves on top of the infrastructure, in addition to discerning the business value and SLA tier of each application. The new VirtualWisdom then applies real-time, AI-based analytics through the updated WisdomAI engine, including machine learning, statistical analysis, heuristics and expert systems. As a result, VirtualWisdom delivers the capabilities enterprises need to proactively manage the hybrid infrastructure supporting their mission-critical applications.
“Today’s complex IT environment requires a proactive approach to managing enterprise applications. VirtualWisdom 6.2 is designed to empower organizations to take control of the infrastructure by providing an AIOps-powered platform for faster problem remediation, proactive workload balancing and predictive capacity management, enabling them to apply true AI and machine-learning-based techniques to their hybrid IT infrastructure.”John Gentry, CTO of Virtual Instruments
In addition to the expansion of the WisdomAI engine, the latest version of VirtualWisdom offers a wide range of new features and capabilities for capacity management and forecasting, as well as workload balancing and rightsizing. The new VirtualWisdom Workload Right Sizer enables customers to right-size VMs by scaling them up or down across an entire cluster or application, which helps assure service delivery and business value. The new Workload Drift Analyzer determines when anomalous or changes in application workload behavior is the cause behind observed performance issues. It also delivers real-time alerts to help IT and operations managers proactively rebalance the workloads.
Key features of the new VirtualWisdom include:
- VirtualWisdom Workload RightSizer: Rightsizes VMs by scaling them up or down across an entire application, helping assure service delivery and business value. Customers can set different policies per tier; control the amount of CPU and memory for each VM, host or cluster; analyze utilization and over-subscription; and make better decisions via richer, more granular data.
- Workload Drift Analyzer: Determines when changes in application workload behavior is anomalous or, as a result of application changes, is the root-cause of the performance issues observed. Delivers real-time alerts to restore workload balance and application performance.
- Dell EMC Isilon Integration: Assures Isilon cluster performance at scale by bringing industry-leading performance analysis to Dell EMC Isilon environments. The new integration has been validated against the world’s largest production Isilon clusters monitoring hundreds of nodes in a single VirtualWisdom instance. VirtualWisdom maps application dependencies to Isilon clusters, and nodes; collecting and storing over 1500 metrics at 10-second granularity; and delivering unparalleled scale and fidelity.
- Predictive Capacity Management: Monitors, reports, forecasts and alarms against the capacity consumption rate. The Capacity Forecast alarm allows customers to specify how many days, weeks or months they wish to be notified prior to potential capacity exhaustion on nodes or clusters.
- Updated VirtualWisdom Proactive Dashboards: Deliver Smart Charts with support for annotation, linking, and smart naming; and live topology views that are specific to infrastructure or applications
“The future of IT operations is autonomous: enterprises need IT operations that never fail to deliver mission-critical services, that adapt to business innovation, and consume resources ever more efficiently,” said Philippe Vincent, CEO of Virtual Instruments. “As the scope of enterprises’ hybrid infrastructure management needs has expanded, we have continued to expand the breadth of our monitoring and inject meaningful AIOps capabilities into the VirtualWisdom platform. With the new VirtualWisdom, we are enabling enterprises to truly harness the power of AI and machine learning, with a view towards the automated IT operations of tomorrow.”
Just over a month ago we broke the news about how Virtual Instruments is helping data centers tackle scale which exceeds human understanding. Today’s news continues this vision of allowing the technology – specifically AI and ML to optimize where and how applications run. All the while, monitoring and reacting to real-world events such as anomalous behavior to ensure networks and applications are running in an optimized fashion.