A major passion of mine is automobiles but I rarely write about the subject. I a just learned India’s Tata will purchase Land Rover and Jaguar from Ford. This is pretty big news as it puts an Indian company behind a few important luxury brands.
Jaguar has been struggling a great deal lately and it will be interesting to see how this acquisition plays out. This could also be a great distribution move for Tata as with this acquisition it gets dealers around the world which could theoretically help the company sell other Indian car brands as well.
Update: Thanks to commenter “annoyed visitor” for pointing out this news is not confirmed by Tata. My source did indicate this was a done deal but further research shows this may not be the case.
My sincere apologies for any confusion this blog entry may have caused. However, it is worth pointing out this news may just be early, not inaccurate. Time will tell.
Here are other sources for this news:
- India Tata Motors Buys Jaguar,Land Rover -TV
- India’s Tata may begin Jaguar due diligence | Reuters
- Tata’s Jaguar acquisition and Ferrari ride at Straight Frm The Heart
- Tata mulls Jaguar, Land Rover buy – International Business Times
- India’s Tata may begin Jaguar due diligence: report: Financial
- International Business Times – Tata mulls Jaguar, Land Rover buy