Big news for organizations which need rugged, mobile computers but want to protect against obsolescence. The semi-rugged 14″ Panasonic TOUGHBOOK 55 has modular expansion packs and accessories that can accommodate a multitude of work environments and personal preferences.
It now comes with USB-C, not Thunderbolt but this is still an improvement as USB4 will use the same connector type and be compatible.
The laptop’s modular design supports the demands of public safety, enterprise and government customers alike which offers unparalleled customization that can simplify ordering, shorten lead times, decrease downtime and help futureproof their purchase as work needs change. Expansion packs offer a variety of additional features such as I/O ports, a fingerprint reader, dedicated graphics and a second storage drive. Both the main storage drive and optional second storage drive are quick-release for easier installation and access to the drives. The RAM and keyboard are both user-upgradeable.
IT can lock these down with a screw SKU: FZ-VSW551U.
Often mounted in vehicles and used indoors and outdoors, this latest TOUGHBOOK has the ability to work all day on a fully charged battery, which is among the most critical needs for users out in the field. The TOUGHBOOK 55 has the longest battery life of any Panasonic TOUGHBOOK to date with the ability to ‘hot-swap’ an optional second battery without powering down or interruptions.
Additional features include:
- 20-hour battery life with optional second battery
- 3-foot drop rating
- The thinnest and lightest laptop in its class
- Latest Intel 8th Gen quad-core i5 and i7 vPro processors and optional AMD discrete graphics
- An optional 1000 nit touchscreen
- Up to 2TB of storage and 64GB of RAM
- The first laptop in its class with tetra-array microphones for unmatched speech recognition accuracy
- The first TOUGHBOOK to offer a USB Type-C port (also has 2 Type A ports), HDMI 2.0 and Bluetooth 5.0
- Enhanced user experience with louder speakers, enhanced brightness and a color-selectable backlit keyboard.
- Backward compatibility with existing TOUGHBOOK 54 vehicle and desktop docks avoiding the hassle and cost of replacing and installing new docks into their fleet of vehicles.
“Each year, we spend hundreds of hours with customers across industries so that we can anticipate the trajectory of their digital transformations and best support them throughout,” said Brian Rowley, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Panasonic System Solutions Company of North America. “The TOUGHBOOK 55 is shaped by our customers’ voice and delivers the customization, modularity, extended battery life and configurations they need today and tomorrow. The next chapter of mobile technology is not how well rugged devices withstand extreme work environments — something TOUGHBOOK has proven over three decades — but how rugged mobility facilitates an evolving business climate.”