Ooredoo Kuwait, a carrier with over $7B in annual revenue has chosen Fortinet Secure SD-WAN to allow Ooredoo’s existing and new enterprise customers to achieve accelerated connectivity, transport mode independence, and increased application performance while benefiting from tightly knit SD-WAN and advanced security features. Ooredoo Kuwait itself is deploying Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN across its retail branches and will serve as a reference for customers wishing to follow suit.
“Ooredoo Kuwait’s broad managed security services rely on several Fortinet solutions, including the Fortinet Secure SD-WAN solution, which significantly reduces onboarding efforts and speeds time to market for the service,” said Abdulaziz AlBabtain, Chief Business Officer at Ooredoo Kuwait. “Our secure SD-WAN managed service is much more than just a new connectivity service for the enterprise WAN edge. It is paving the way for significant benefits for our customers and significant new revenue streams for Ooredoo Kuwait by leveraging our security operations center, clean pipe, secure WiFi, email security, end-point security and advance threat protection.”
The global SD-WAN market is projected to reach $4.5 billion and grow at over 40% CAGR by 2022.
Moreover – we have pointed out how cybersecurity and SD-WAN are converging.
For example, Palo Alto Networks getting into the space was a big sign. Also – companies like Open Systems – providing a SOC as well as SD-WAN services just show the natural synergies between cybersecurity and software-defined networking.
Then there is the selection of Fortinet by Orange which we covered four days ago.
“SD-WAN offers accelerated connectivity, cost savings, and increased performance for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications. However, the benefits of SD-WAN cannot be truly realized without security as an integral part of the solution,” said John Maddison, EVP of products and CMO at Fortinet. “Without an integrated security solution, organizations are forced to overlay security, creating significant overhead and leaving gaps in protection as security and management systems remain isolated. We’re pleased to work with Ooredoo Kuwait to deliver the region’s first secure SD-WAN managed service and continue our focus of delivering integrated SD-WAN and advanced security to enterprise customers around the world.”
The following Fortinet products underpin Ooredoo Kuwait’s Secure SD-WAN managed service:
- FortiPortal provides turnkey, easy-to-deploy customer portals for self-service without having to worry about complex development or maintenance costs
- FortiSandbox delivers real-time actionable intelligence through the automation of zero-day, advanced malware detection and response
- FortiMail is a top-rated secure email gateway that stops volume-based and targeted cyber threats to help secure the dynamic enterprise attack surface, prevent the loss of sensitive data and help maintain compliance with regulations
- A range of FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls deliver both advanced ecurity and SD-WAN services
- FortiManager delivers single-pane-of-glass management for both SD-WAN and security, end-to-end visibility, and multi-tenancy to support many enterprise customers at scale
- FortiAnalyzer delivers centralized reporting, advance analytics and open-programmable interface to integrate with customers’ existing investments and solutions
- FortiClient ensures that all fabric components – FortiGate, FortiAnalyzer, EMS, Managed AP, Managed Switches, Sandbox – have a unified view of endpoints in order to provide tracking & awareness, compliance enforcement and reporting
For customers – being able to purchase numerous solutions from the same company is helpful as it makes vendor management easier – also, it allows a single plane of management glass.
For Fortinet – they have a major win here in the middle-east – a nice feather in their cap on the heels of the recent and positive Orange win.
Join others with $8.5B+ in IT buying power who plan 2020 budgets! Including 3,000+ resellers!
Feb 12-14, 2020, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Register now.
See these SD-WAN vendors and more!
New Exclusive Diamond Sponsor, Frontier Business.