In a slowing economy where many industries are shedding jobs, it is great to see a company in the call center market adding. California-based Alorica will be adding 500-600 new jobs in Indiana in the next year and a half or so.
The Chino-Calif.-based company will provide inbound customer care service, billing, inbound sales and some technical assistance, said Jeffrey Sopko, Alorica vice president of human resources, on Thursday.
The company plans initially to hire 100 workers to undergo a seven-week company training class starting June 9. The majority of positions will pay $9 an hour plus benefits, while management positions can go "to the mid- to high five figures," Sopko said.
With so many outsourcing companies moving to India and other countries it is great to see some of them adding jobs in the U.S.
- New call center bringing 600 jobs to Valley: Alorica has 13 other call center locations
- Call center to bring 500 jobs
- Customer service center hiring
- Alorica Hires AT&T to Enhance Customer Contact Center
- Call center tries to fill 300 seats from province
- Alorica, Inc.-CRM Excellence-2006