SD-WAN Expo exhibitor Oracle has been a software leader for decades. In the 1980s they were known as a database company and competed with companies like Informix. They were instrumental in the evolution from SQL to 4GL programming languages which allowed a company to more rapidly develop database applications.
Then Larry Ellison and the team had the vision to acquire companies in the CRM space and others – eventually becoming worth $172 billion.
It was amazing how they broke out of the mold of databases to selling virtually everything a company needs to run.
Oracle eventually purchased Talari and become a leader in SD-WAN as well as many other spaces. The company’s holistic solutions span from SBCs thanks to the purchase of Acme Packet to networking as well as myriad other solutions. This puts them in a unique position in the market.
The company just released its SD-WAN predictions for 2020 and beyond. We hope you find them useful:
- App-Fluent: Today, next-generation applications integrate real-time interactions and reside in a multi-cloud and highly-distributed world. With the requirements to connect users, data, and applications more seamlessly to meet the user expectations, we will see SD-WAN move from application-aware to application-fluency.
- Characteristics Drive Routing: To secure, route and manage application traffic with greater understanding to ensure the highest QoE, SD-WAN must break the application’s route components based on multiple characteristics within each application, not just by the single application type.
- No Slowdowns: In 2019, SD-WAN started to gain some serious momentum and 2020 will be no different. Next-gen networks today are already requiring SD-WAN and the market is only expected to grow. In fact, research firm IDC predicts that the SD-WAN infrastructure market will grow to $4.5 billion by 2022.
- Admins Can Relax: Next-generation SD-WANs are self-driving, self-healing solutions that can make decisions to deliver traffic proactively and automatically over the network in the best possible way using less costly internet overlay. This takes the pressure off-network administrators, as they can be confident the SD-WAN will deliver the traffic to its destination reliably and with a high QoE, all on its own.
- Workforce Takes Trip to the Cloud or Workforce to the Cloud– Digital transformation has caused a rash of new application deployments in the cloud including UCaaS, Contact Centers, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and Branch Offices applications which all require reliable end-user access. And that’s exactly why so many CIOs in 2020 will be lining up to implement SD-WAN in their businesses, to ensure that their workforce is able to benefit from technology when they need it the most, whenever and wherever that may be.
36 companies make this the largest number of SD-WAN companies anywhere.
Join others with $8.5B+ in IT buying power who plan 2020 budgets! Including 3,000+ resellers!
Come to the Digital Transformation Event! Feb 12-14, 2020, Fort Lauderdale, FL. Register now.
See these SD-WAN vendors and more – including Exclusive Diamond Sponsor: Frontier Business.