“At its core, Avant is a sales enablement organization. Our business functions as a master agent but consider our self a sales enablement organization,” said Jen Gallego, EVP of Channel Sales, AVANT Communications in an exclusive, live, in-person interview. “We bring support, experienced resources, market intelligence coupled with tools that don’t exist on the market today called the BattleApp.”
“We’re empowering the trusted advisor community,” she exclaimed.
The company helps the trusted advisor from uncovering opportunities to the end of the sales process. They consider themselves a research house. We noticed the term “trusted advisor” being used instead of reseller which is common throughout the industry. We consider it a refreshing change.
She said, “We provide intelligence you can’t find anywhere.”
- Sellers expect significant growth over next several years in SD-WAN, UCaaS, SECaaS and IaaS.
- High growth sellers are different than others on key business attributes and sales methodology.
- Overall, sellers are focusing on 4 key services, with plans to expand, on average, to 6 services in 2 years. Presales support is key to their ability to grow.
- Customer decision-making is changing in many ways. While customers are more knowledgeable, complexity and confusion are increasing, causing sales cycles to elongate for most services.
- While Data and Voice are sold most frequently, IaaS, SD-WAN, Security and UCaaS are generating a higher average revenue per deal and similar overall revenue per channel partner.
- Sellers are expanding their focus when it comes to their offerings. The average seller is expected to expand from 4 service offerings to 6 by 2020.
- Having next-generation cloud services in your portfolio seems to enable you to sell more data and voice services. Cloud-Centric sellers accounted for 41% of Voice and Data Network sales, outperforming sellers that primarily focus on Voice and Data Networks who outnumbered them.
- Partners with the highest number of successful deals and those that are the most bullish for the future growth of the industry are very different from the rest of the pack in key attributes, including being more responsive, providing more training to sales staff, offering a broader portfolio and hosting more of their own events.
- Data Networks dominate the total volume of sales transaction (25%), while UCaaS/CCaaS services have catapulted two positions higher in sales volume and 10% greater in share.
- The top four services that Channel Partners expect to sell in two years are Data Networks (39%), UCaaS (67%), SD-WAN (61%) and Security as a Service (45%) — with 5G and Managed IOT emerging as areas to watch for in the future.
“We continue to focus on evaluating managed security space,” Jen exclaimed. “We will offer best in breed managed security providers. This is where customers need the most support.
She concluded, “Stay tuned for a more robust security offering.”
Allocate your 2020 budget here! Register now.
Learn about the latest in UCaaS, the Channel, MSPs, IT, IOT, Edge, Cybersecurity, AI, SD-WAN, IoT and the Future of Work at the world’s only #TechSuperShow, ITEXPO, Feb 12-14, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL.